Vice President, Brand Direction
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by JobLeads
The company is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
- Campaigns & Marketing Strategy:
- Directs marketing activities within the Marketing CoE to drive customer acquisition and behavior change and thinks about how to use marketing as a growth lever. Includes consumer insight identification, strategic planning, idea generation, creative/media/channel development, measurement, and ideation.
- In cojunction with the Banner, proactively drives the marketing strategy and execution to drive the growth of overall banner business including in-store and digital. Oversees marketing activities that leverage customer insights to identify new innovation in partnership with digital and banner teams.
- Determines the preferences and needs of their internal banner customers and acts as a trusted partner to the Marketing COE team.
- Communicates information from the banner to the marketing team as a collaborative and active thought partner who is focused on SLA adherence and incorporating client-centric feedback and concerns.
- Accountable for the highest level of operational excellence by monitoring and trouble shooting before, during and after marketing campaigns. Resolves or directs issues to appropriate organizational problem solvers (i.e. IT, Public Relations, Communications).
- Partners with the Banner Marketing Lead to understand insights into future initiatives, as well as hindsight of past successes and opportunities. Develops an understanding of facts and observations from cross-departmental meetings and integrates into future marketing strategies.
- Ensures adherence against set budgets and ensures accurate expenditure tracking records are maintained.
- Strategizes and works cross-functionally to activate initiatives that connect the in-store and digital experience to advance Omni experience for customers, working to bring the best of both worlds together for a richer brand story.
- Excels at communicating big ideas and leading meetings and presentations. Highly articulate in all areas of brand communication, including writing decks, releases, and recaps.
- Collaboration & Communication:
- Acts as the COE go-to person for all marketing related questions for the assigned banner.
- Fosters and develops effective working relationships and monitors and manages internal client expectations.
- Prepares and presents ongoing performance reviews - successes, KPIs, and areas for improvement.
- Works cross functionally with leaders of the company to ideate towards the evolving retail landscape.
- Tirelessly champions the company brand story internally, within the banner umbrella, and with all external stakeholders.
- Works with internal teams to support development of seasonal fashion, editorial and merchandising stories and the cross-departmental initiatives to support that strategy.
- Partners with buying, planning and marketing teams to develop compelling merchandising and editorial initiatives, incorporating trends, seasonal and retail occasions, brand and third-party partners, and other content designed to increase traffic and drive conversion.
- Collaborates with marketing team to integrate brand and cross-channel efforts, focused on measurable brand, engagement and conversion goals.
- Understands banner positioning and strategy thoroughly; has solid competitive knowledge
- Ability to develop breakthrough marketing plans that build the business and banner
- Proven track record of evaluating and elevating creative and media to inspire consumers to act
- Proven ability to inspire, collaborate with, and influence business partners
- Proven ability to navigate and succeed in a highly matrixed organization
- Proven ability to analyze data and develop actionable insights
- Ability to represent the voice of the customer in strategic business discussions
- 10+ years marketing/retail/agency experience in positions of progressive responsibility
- Proven success in marketing, brand management, or account management
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Track record building effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Experience working with and directing creative and media agencies
- Strong understanding of retail, commerce, and consumer experiences
- Ability to make quality decisions and creative problem-solving solutions in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment