Audit - Commercial Credit Review Officer - Vice President
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by JobLeads
The employer is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide.
- As a Reviewer-In-Charge, lead a team in reviews with subject matter expertise in commercial real estate and relevant internal policies and procedures. This includes chairing meetings associated with planning, project kick-off, presentation of findings, and formal closing. Duties include coordinating team assignments with the Credit Review Manager, defining project scope, designing appropriate test strategies to evaluate credit risk, communicating with business management, reviewing test results, identifying key issues and dimensioning the significance of those findings, report writing, and archiving all relevant documents.
- As a team member, participate in reviews lead by Credit Review team members. This includes analyzing the credit underwriting quality of individual transactions, recording test results and conclusions in a work paper database, submitting work papers timely, and actively participating in all review meetings.
- Perform continuous monitoring of assigned portfolios and participate in periodic portfolio review meetings.
- Serve as an information resource on commercial credit risk and policy, with emphasis on CTL.
- Ensure consistent application of firm wide risk policy, credit procedures, and Credit Review policies and procedures.
- Complete special projects and research as assigned by the Credit Review Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related discipline, or relevant financial services experience
- Experienced credit professional with a minimum 10 years of experience, preferably with a background in commercial real estate underwriting and credit risk management.
- Previous credit review experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Demonstrated understanding of credit principals, financial analysis, and strong analytical skills.
- Established and successful leader of people and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective in a fast-paced environment, willing to take personal risk, and demonstrate responsibility and accountability.
- Proven ability and desire to learn quickly, be flexible, and think strategically.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, with a high sense of urgency.
- Works well individually and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues, and encourages participation.
- Flexibility to travel as required (less than 5%).
U.S. Security Associates
M+W US, Inc.