Area Business Development Director
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by JobLeads
The employer is the largest senior living solutions company in the country, with 1,000+ communities in 46 states serving 110,000 residents around the country.
- Provides strategy, support and vision to the Director of Sales & Marketing in a specified Market Area (MA) to achieve sales and occupancy goals through effective Business Development efforts.
- Creates business development plans and engages in business development activities and events for the Market Area.
- Schedules networking meetings on a regular basis to meet or exceed established departmental goals.
- Visits local hospitals for all communities on a weekly basis. Meets with residents as directed by the Director of Sales & Marketing or Executive Director.
- Visits with competitors on a quarterly basis. Creates and updates competitive analyses on a quarterly basis. Serves as main contact for all competitive issues that would affect communities.
- Utilizes all communities for networking meetings and events (rotate throughout communities).
- Creates and maintains special events calendar for the Market Area. Develops and organizes Market Area events to meet established monthly goals. Serves as the primary contact for area events.
- Communicates any new leads to the appropriate community.
- Keeps up to date with Innovative Senior Care Services and utilizes local Therapists at the communities for Business Development Activities.
- Provides support at any Market Community if needed.
- Keeps the Director of Sales & Marketing updated on all business development activities on weekly basis. Provides information relevant to pricing, terms, policy and marketing strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Four years of experience in the Healthcare or Sales industry; experience in managing multiple sites and teams preferred.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of Acute and Post-Acute provider networks and PAC integration opportunities, senior living housing standards and regulations as well as some knowledge of home health, hospice and private duty nursing services.
- Will need reliable transportation - 25% travel in the market
- Ideal candidate will have previous experience working within the senior living industry