Research Assistant, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Research Assistant, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) clinicians are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all patients. Georgetown Lombardi's seeks to prevent, treat, and cure cancers by linking scientific discovery, expert and compassionate patient care, quality education, and partnership with the community; guided by the principle of cura personalis - care for the whole person.
The Research Assistant provides a wide variety of moderately complex to complex technical support for a research lab. Reporting to the Private Investigator, as well as to the other lab members assigned by the Private Investigator, the Research Assistant has additional responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Assists in evaluating research methods, procedures, and techniques based on established objectives.
- Orders necessary lab equipment as required.
- Conducts animal breeding and general maintenance of the lab.
- Processes cell culture and other lab techniques as assigned.
- Associate's degree - Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 - 2 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with day to day assistance in the laboratory such as ordering reagents, and keeping inventories
- Ability to carry out the laboratory techniques such as Western blotting, PCR, and RT-PCR
- Knowledge of tissue culture techniques
- Experience in handling rodents and maintaining breeding colonies as well as collecting tissues and their processing
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .