Senior Coordinator, Marketing & Business Development - Corporate Pract
Posted on Nov 30, 2018 by Hogan Lovells US LLP
Hogan Lovells is a bold, distinctive and market leading global law firm, providing its clients around the world business-oriented legal advice and high-quality service across a broad range of practices and industries. Our growing, dynamic marketing and business development team is looking for the right candidate to serve as the Senior Coordinator, Marketing and Business Development - Corporate. This position provides marketing and business development support to the Corporate Practice Group - Americas which includes the following Practice Areas: Corporate Transactional, M&A, Private Equity, Capital Markets, Real Estate, and Tax.
The position will work closely with the Marketing and Business Development Corporate Manager to ensure that the group's marketing and business development initiatives support firm priorities and help drive the overall firm strategy.
The Senior Coordinator's responsibilities fall into four major areas of focus:
Business Development and Strategy
- Support on client development programs, including helping strengthen relationships and increase revenue.
- Support in developing and executing targeted programs to generate new business.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic plans and budgets.
- Provide support on other strategic business development and promotional initiatives as needed.
- Help evaluate practice group strengths and conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, pitches, presentations, and proposals.
- Read industry, legal, and business publications to remain aware of trends that may impact the practice and to identify promotional opportunities.
- Support the Marketing and Business Development Corporate Managers on initiatives to build profile for the practice group; practice areas; industry sectors; and client teams (internally and, as appropriate, externally) by publicizing victories, news items, events, and relevant articles.
- Assist in the creation and regular update of web and print marketing collateral, including brochures, practice group descriptions, deal and case lists, and biographies.
- Assist in the development and production of internal and client newsletters, and regularly evaluate the need for these types of communications.
- Coordinate profile and directory submissions for organizations/publications of which the practice area is a member or sponsor.
- Support the Marketing and Business Development Corporate Manager in the production and management of seminars, receptions, trade show booths, and other marketing-oriented events and activities, including but not limited to mailing list creation, event promotion, development of invitations and other client communications, concept development, and vendor selection.
- Oversee inventory of brochures, reprints, and other collateral relevant to the practice area and regions for general marketing purposes.
- All members of the firm are expected to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
- And other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferred, preferably in a professional services industry.
- BS or BA degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, business development or related field is preferred.
- Ability to think broadly and demonstrate a high level of initiative.
- Pragmatic, diplomatic and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Ability to contribute to the overall growth of our team by collaborating effectively with colleagues and facilitating teamwork.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and an exacting attention to detail in all work product.
- Excellent research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in iPublish and InterAction is desirable.
- Experience with InDesign is preferred.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (including lunch hour). Must be flexible to workadditional hours as necessary.
This job description sets forth theauthorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from timeto time as shall be determined.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.