Data Manager (Entry-Level)
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by EMMES Corporation
The EMMES Corporation, established in 1977, is a privately-owned Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland; Tysons, Virginia; Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We offer statistical support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation. Emmes is seeking an entry-level Data Manager
This position will work on projects that are part of The National Eye Institute Support (NEIS), which is a coordinating center to provide sponsor and investigator support for various ophthalmic clinical trials.
Emmes provides a full range of data management, statistical, and information support for clinical research sponsored by the NIH NEI, the majority of which is part of the NEI intramural program. In this role, Emmes staff collaborates closely with NEI investigators in support of various activities, including statistical and scientific expertise in study design, protocol development and data analysis, study implementation, site monitoring, protocol navigation and coordination, regulatory submissions, and computer system development for data collection and quality control. Additional multi-center trials have been implemented, which expanded Emmes' support to clinics outside NEI.
Trials conducted under this contract span various diseases, including inflammatory disorders, motility disorders, age-related dysfunction, and genetic disorders. The clinical research coordinated by NEIS undertakes a variety of study designs, such as single-center, multi-center, randomized and non-randomized clinical trials, genetic, and natural history studies. Currently activated protocols include trials that examine novel approaches in treating participants with age-related macular degeneration, diabetic macular edema, branch and central retinal vein occlusion, retinitis pigmentosa, von hippel landau disease, x-linked retinoschisis, scleritis, and uveitis.
- Work in a team environment to design, develop and manage clinical trial data systems, utilizing strong data management and computing skills
- Design, build, test and validate electronic case report forms (eCRFs)
- Develop, generate, manage, and distribute data queries and reports to clinical sites
- Creates and implements validation processes for multiple methods of data collection
- Performs internal audits and participates in other project and corporate quality assurance activities
- Contribute to the quality and accuracy of various reports for the duration of the trial
- Ensure adherence to project and corporate standard operating procedures (SOPs), as well as Federal Regulations and ICH/GCP in maintaining data integrity and quality throughout a clinical study protocol
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline preferred Strong data management/computer skills; prior experience with CRF design, EDC systems, or other web based data collection systems helpful Prior experience in clinical research preferred Excellent oral and written communication skills Skills in prioritization, organization, and time management High attention to detail, ability to multi-task and collaborative
Emmes has an outstanding benefits package including: generous tuition reimbursement, professional development and training programs
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
The EMMES Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.