Medical Assistant - Washington, DC
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by NRI Staffing
Our efforts are dramatically changing the way doctors treat chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and cancer. By putting prevention over pills, doctors are empowering their patients to take control of their own health. We are also building a new way of viewing research. Since 1985 we have been working tirelessly for alternatives to medical education and research and advocating for more effective scientific methods. Our staff of physicians, dietitians, and scientists is working with policymakers, industry, the medical community, the media, and the public to create a better future for people.
We are looking for a team player who wants to work hard and go the extra mile for our patients and will tackle their work collaboratively with a positive attitude, professionalism, and dedication. Successful candidates will have demonstrated success with:
- Triaging patients. Patient safety is our first priority.
- Phlebotomy. Drawing blood is an integral part of our practice and candidates should have a phlebotomy certification or equivalent experience.
- Providing excellent customer service to patients in person and via phone. We approach our patients with respect and courtesy.
- Providing clinical administrative support to the clinicians and practice administrator and assisting with patient education and support initiatives. We hold our work to the highest standards, down to the last detail and work as a team with our patients, their families, and each other.
- Assist in front desk coverage as needed
3-5 years of medical assistant (back office) experience; Excellent triage skills; Excellent proven phlebotomy skills; Current CPR card; PPD (less than 1 year old); Excellent customer service abilities; Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9:00am to 6:30pm (flexible with arrival and departure - must work an 8 hour day) additional hours will be offered but they will vary week to week.
Parking: At your expense
Metro: Friendship Heights station
If you share these qualities, are passionate about plant-based nutrition education and disease prevention, and are looking to help people make lifestyle changes to maximize their health, we'd like to hear from you.
Please email your resume toAdditional Information
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Marian Robinson
Senior Account Manager
Maxim Government Services