Administrative Assistant, Executive Education
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Administrative Assistant - McDonough School of Business (MSB)
The Administrative Assistant has a supporting role for the Executive Degree and Custom Programs within the Office of Executive Education. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for creating a professional office environment. A large part of this role is supporting the Deans and Program Mangers with on-going administrative work. The position is also predominately responsible for managing the reception area of the Office of Executive Education and handle other routine administrative duties with general supervision. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the Front Desk receptionist; greets and introduces visitors; maintains reception area as a professional and welcoming space, including supply of information stands/kiosk in reception area; controls front office security and access to Executive Education Suite; collects and distributes incoming mail to Executive Education staff; maintains office equipment (copiers, printers, fax machines); contributes to development of a front desk Procedures Manual/Guide
- Oversights of the Executive Education Office reception area, including the main phone line and voicemail; handles inquiries from prospective candidates/clients
- Shares information about Executive Program offerings and refer potential candidates to appropriate executive education unit
- Oversees classroom reservation system and coordinate classroom space
- Manages inventory of office supplies and Executive Education Program supplies
- Interacts with current students and program participants regarding inquiries for information/support; inputs event and classroom space reservations into Event Management System (EMS)
- Maintains room reservations throughout the year and notify contact individual/organization of confirmation
- Follows through on any special arrangements; prepares and distribute weekly program status for staff.
- Monitors office supplies and program supplies inventory and place orders as necessary.
- Supports the Senior Associate Deans, Associate Deans, Assistant Deans, and other Executive Education staff (Program Management and Admissions) as needed; activities may include sending correspondence, assisting with admissions application processing, scheduling interviews, arranging meetings, and other tasks as needed.
- Assists with coordination of travel and hotel arrangements for Executive Education staff.
- Remains knowledgeable of Executive programs as well as other McDonough School programs and events, serving as a connecting party between Executive Education and the rest of the School.
- Provides essential logistical and tactical support for Executive Education programs and events; activities may include ordering catering, working directly with vendors, coordinating space reservation and preparation with building manager, and other tasks as needed.
- Other duties vary based on Executive Education activities.
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 2-3 years in customer-service-oriented environment; experience in managing/staffing a reception area strongly preferred; experience in higher education environment preferred
- Minimum High School Graduate
- MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint; database management and event management system skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal abilities and a poised, professional demeanor are essential
- Ability to exercise good judgment in maintaining confidential data
- Critical ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute
- Critical eye for detail
- Ability to build relationships with current and potential students/clients
- Experience planning and managing a wide range of events and activities
- Confidence to take initiative, ask questions and make recommendations with the end goal of process improvement and customer satisfaction
- Experience in working directly with executives at all levels and a genuine desire to understand and engage with international cultures
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .