Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
The Marketing Analyst is responsible for research and analysis supporting 4 critical functions for Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (Georgetown SCS): (1) strategic planning and global engagement activities by the Dean's Cabinet; (2) planning and analysis of marketing, promotion, and recruitment activities; (3) new program planning, market research, and program concept evaluation; and (4) academic quality and student retention activities. This position is crucial to the strategic growth of the School by providing data-driven analysis and insights on everything from the higher education industry, global markets, student demand, and our competitors, through to our prospect behavior and demographics, student success, financial performance, and efficient allocation of marketing dollars to maximize our success.
The Marketing Analyst performs the following activities in support of the 4 functions outlined above: collects, collates, reviews, and analyzes quantitative and qualitative data on: prospects (inquiries); applicants; students; alumni; SCS revenues and expenses; SCS marketing performance; the higher education industry (US and foreign) issues and trends; macro-economic indicators (US and foreign market); labor market statistics (US and foreign); information on SCS's competitors (including programs offered, markets served, tuition charged); data on demand for educational product concepts; and statistics to support social media campaigns and content development to convey program relevance and value to prospective, existing and former students. The Marketing Analyst conducts in-depth program analyses and market research using a wide variety of data sources in order to identify new target markets, develop new programs and optimize existing programs. The Marketing Analyst also develops standardized and ad-hoc reports for all of the aforementioned analyses, and authors in-depth reports for each new program concept.
The Marketing Analyst creates reports and analyzes data from internal systems including Cognos, Salesforce, Marketo, TargetX and Destiny One, as well as external sources including Education Advisory Board (EAB), BLS, Burning Glass / Labor Insights, NCES, and others.
The Marketing Analyst is a key member of the SCS Digital Team's Data Intelligence Group (DIG), and as such supports the mission of DIG to provide SCS with resources for collecting, analyzing, understanding, and acting on data in ways that support the mission, values, and strategic priorities of SCS.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with relevant practical experience in market research, qualitative and quantitative data analysis required.
- Strong research skills, data and statistical analysis skills, organizational skills, and business acumen required.
- Candidate must possess excellent writing and communications skills and be able to produce polished, presentable, high-quality written reports and data visualizations.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively to support multiple internal clients, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent research projects from start to finish.
- Candidate must be extremely proficient at Microsoft Excel.
- Candidate be adept at using common statistical analysis packages such as Stata and SPSS.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office products required.
- Experience with CRM software, including Salesforce, is required.
- Experience with common business intelligence software, such as Cognos, Tableau, Crystal Reports, and Pyramid, is required.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Market Research, Data Science, or related field.
- Familiarity with Banner, MyAccess, MS SQL Server Studio, and Marketo.
- Familiarity with common market research and higher education data sources, including BLS, NCES, and Burning Glass products.
- Functional ability to write SQL queries.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .