Lifeguard, Scott K. Ginsburg Fitness Center - Georgetown University La
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Lifeguard, Scott K. Ginsburg Fitness Center - Georgetown University Law Center
The Lifeguard ensures the safety of patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies; keeps vigilant watch over the pool; and maintains a pleasurable and safe experience for members. Reporting to the Associate Director of Aquatics, and having significant interaction with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and their children, the Lifeguard has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Enforces all regulations and safety guidelines of pool patrons per the Sport and Fitness Center Pool Rules.
- Maintains an alert, prepared, and professional stance on the pool deck at all times.
- Recognizes and responds to any perceived emergency or incident.
- Maintains a safe, sanitary, and welcoming environment for members.
- Assists Aquatics Manager with swim lessons and programming.
- Provides good customer service by being helpful, pleasant, and enthusiastic throughout the scheduled shift.
Daily Operations & Maintenance
- Counts and records hourly pool and spa attendance.
- Meets compliance standards of State policies and procedures and enforce proper PH/chemistry by measuring temperature and recording hourly.
- Preforms daily equipment checks and inventory reporting. Identify items in need of service.
- Completes incident reports and shift reports as needed.
- Participates in Sport and Fitness functions and events and consistently encourages participation in programming and classes.
- Provides Fitness Desk and Fitness Attendant coverage when needed
- High school diploma and/or certified equivalency -
- 1 - 3 years (or summer seasons) of directly related experience as a Lifeguard or pool attendant
- Ability to remain alert, attentive, and vigilant at all times throughout shift
- Ability to lift at least 45 pounds, stand long hours, and move heavy fitness floor equipment
- Current Lifeguard Certification and Basic Life Support or professional rescuer
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR/AED first aid certification (Ellis & Associates International Aquatic Safety Certifications accepted)
- Willingness and availability to open and close the pool, as well work early morning, evening, and/or weekend shifts
- Customer service and or fitness center experience
- Pool Operator's License
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .