Research Analyst, Georgetown Center for Business and Public Policy - M
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Research Analyst, Georgetown Center for Business and Public Policy - McDonough School of Business
The Georgetown Center for Business and Public Policy in the McDonough School of Business engages scholars, business people, and policy makers in dialogue on key business, economic and ethical issues confronting businesses today.
The Research Analyst supports the ongoing research of the Center and works directly with the Executive Director, Academic Director, and research economist/post-doctoral fellow in support of their active scholarly Center-supported economic research. Reporting to the Center's Executive Director, the Research Analyst has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Applies economic theory, analysis, and tools to support ongoing Center research projects in the following research areas - such as telecommunications, energy, cybersecurity, railroads, international trade, in responsibilities that include conducting literature reviews; preparing and analyzing data using STATA and other statistical packages; drafting reports; and revising, editing, and proofing research documents.
- Provides administrative and event assistance to the Center, including financial recordkeeping and ongoing activity (budget reports, reconciliations, cost center management, draft budgets and other planning reports), reimbursements, vendor payments, contracts, and expense reports.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of executive assistance experience
- 2 years of research experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methods
- Strong skills in STATA, MS Office, LaTeX, Georgetown Management System (Workday), and Web CMS
- Detail orientation with strong quantitative background and programming skills
- Ability to work independently to solve problems, combined with the good judgment to seek guidance when necessary
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .