Clinical Research Coordinator
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Clinical Research Coordinator
The Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) role is an entry level position. Under the direct supervision of the manager, the CRC will support the facilitation and conduct of departmental clinical research effort and support the clinical research team by performing a variety of research and administrative duties in support of clinical trials to ensure adherence to protocol and quality of information received. The incumbent will participate in training the obtain certifications and ensure Good Clinical Practice is followed. Required to comply with institutional policies regarding data management and usage of OnCore Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) as applicable. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists in recruitment and screening of prospective research participants; obtain informed consent form study participants; collect, enter, and analyze subject data; and compile reports.
- Assists in preparation of documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials, keeping appropriate logs, tracking participants, and preparing study materials.
- Upholds data integrity in a high-quality, reliable and statistically sound manner.
- Complies with al GUMC and Clinical Trial Management System procedures as well as all Medicare compliance procedures.
- Complies with all GUMC training requirements as applicable to position (CITI, COI, ACRP/SoCRA or equivalent, Bloodborne Pathogens, Billing Compliance).
- Attends a minimum of 6 GUMC research meetings (CRN, CROO, LCC) per year.
- Completes and uploads time & effort forms on-time each month into designated university Box folder.
- Must comply with federal, state and sponsor policies; must comply with institutional policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Trains in proper research protocol compliance and development, including regulatory controls, study procedures, and data management.
- Obtains and maintains Human Subjects Protection (CITI) and HIPAA training.
- Works closely with clinical research coordinators and principal investigators to learn the full scope of clinical research duties.
- Assists the clinical research team in preparation and on-site support of sponsor visits.
- Works effectively with multidisciplinary, ancillary and inter-professional research teams.
- Possesses a basic understanding of scientific center goals and the importance of serving our customers.
- Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's Degree preferred of an Associate's degree with one to two years experience. Consideration given to an equivalence of education and work experiences that demonstrate aptitude for research facilitation
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and organizational communication skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Coastal Clinical Research
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation
Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research