Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Event Coordinator - School of Continuing Studies (SCS)
The Event Coordinator position exists to support the Assistant Director of Events and all SCS event initiatives. This position is responsible for coordinating details for all recruiting events, Dean's Office events, program initiatives (including career fairs, speaker series, advisory board functions, forums, and co-sponsored events). Coordination includes start-up meetings with program staff and Dean's Office staff, room requests, coordinating with SCS Operations team, vendor orders and on-site logistics. Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Event Planning & Management
- Track event requests and liaise with requestor to kick-off event planning
- Handle equipment set-up requests, AV management, catering management, and general vendor management
- Perform pre-event duties such as creating signage and name tags, submitting catering and other vendor orders, requesting event space and other tasks as needed
- Support the gathering and management of event RSVPs. Distribute regular RSVP and attendance reports to departments as necessary
- Lead the set-up of meeting rooms, classrooms, and event spaces, including moving furniture, set up tables, chairs, boxes, decorations and displays
- Provide on-site event support
- Coordinate and participate in event set-up and tear down alongside University departments and external vendors
- Manage space requests, security logistics, and event set-up daily with SCS Operations Team
- Confidently communicate University policies and procedures to internal clients and external service providers
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of all SCS spaces, their respective capacities and capabilities
- Serve as a university representative and support all University policies and procedures
- Track event costs within allocated budget as determined by CFO, Budget Director, Program Staff & Assistant Director of Events
- Maintain and update program budget documents as expenses are incurred
- Bachelor's degree required with minimum of 1 to 3 years of administrative experience - event management experience preferred
- Highly detail-oriented individual with ability to prioritize tasks independently, accurately complete work under tight deadlines, and provide timely and accurate responses to event requests
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative nature, sound judgement, detail orientation, and capacity to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and availability to work evening and early morning events, along with occasional weekends
- Must have ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time and must be able to lift and move up to 20 pounds
- Experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite, and various graphic design programs
- Familiarity with Georgetown University mission and academic programs preferred
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .