Public Relations and Marketing Specialist III
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by George Mason University
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations - Regional Programs
The George Mason University, Office of Alumni Relations seeks a detail-oriented, resourceful, and highly motivated individual to serve as Assistant Director of Alumni Relations. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Assistant Director is part of a team of staff and volunteers dedicated to developing and strengthening lifelong relationships between alumni and George Mason University, with the goal of increasing their engagement with and in support of the university. The Assistant Directorâ€™s primary responsibilities include the management of Regional Programs both nationally and in the DC Metro area; co-management of the Mason Admissions Volunteer Network (MAVN), serving as staff liaison to Admissions and developing opportunities for alumni to engage in the recruitment process as volunteers. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for coordinating Homecoming, serving as co-chair of Homecoming committee and developing and executing alumni events in collaboration with University Life, Athletics, and academic units. The Assistant Director will also identify, cultivate and manage alumni volunteers, work with special constituency populations and collaborate with various university departments and strategic partners to increase alumni participation and involvement at Mason.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent;
- Experience in large-scale event planning and volunteer management;
- Experience in alumni relations, development, higher education, and event management;
- Experience building and measuring success of programs;
- Experience with volunteer coordination, public relations, marketing, or other client-centered professions;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively;
- Make progress on multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Possess the ability to work autonomously;
- Will be self-motivated;
- Will work effectively with volunteers;
- Will work cooperatively in a team environment with a diverse constituency;
- Have a demonstrated commitment to quality customer service; and
- Have the ability to travel and work evenings/weekends as necessary.
- Masterâ€™s degree;
- Experience with iModules Encompass Enterprise;
- Several years of professional experience in alumni relations, higher education, or a related area; and
- George Mason University alumnus/na preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :