Evening Operations Coordinator
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Evening Operations Coordinator - School of Continuing Studies (SCS)
The Evening Operations Coordinator provides critical customer service as well as support for facilities management, security and guest services coordination at the Level 1 reception desk of the School of Continuing Studies (SCS) downtown DC Campus during the evening shift. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides evening reception duties and requires excellent customer service skills to be provided to staff, students, faculty and visitors at SCS during the high volume evening shift.
- Greets and checks in visitors, provide direction and answer questions regarding SCS operations and class schedules, as well as work closely with evening security and provide operational support to the Evening Operations Manager as needed.
- Works closely with the Events team and the Daytime Facilities Coordinator to ensure support and transparent transitions for internal and external events.
- Supports the Operations Team on all aspects of successful school-wide operations, focused specifically on making sure customer service and security is provided at the highest level during the high volume evening shift.
The position requires intimate knowledge of SCS programs, daily operations and security protocols, and will serve as liaison to staff, students, faculty and visitors at SCS. The position may require light manual labor and basic knowledge of maintenance/facilities is desired. This position supports SCS's goal of high stakeholder satisfaction, increasing tuition revenues and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two to four years of progressive administrative experience in educational setting preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide very high levels of customer service, professionalism and time management skills
- Knowledge of University offices, computer and financial systems is desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and comfortable responding to telephone inquiries
- This position must also demonstrate proficiency in the use of University faculty and student systems
- The ideal person will have strong problem-solving skills, time management skills, attention to detail, strong oral and written communications skills, enthusiasm, problem solving skills and ability to work effectively under pressure
- This individual must be a detail-oriented team player and able to manage multiple tasks. Strong interpersonal skills required
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .