MDI System Administrator
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
MDI System Administrator
Georgetown University is seeking a MDI System Administrator to help develop and support the Mass Data Institute (MDI) Infrastructure. The primary role of this administrator will be setting up and maintaining big data infrastructure components on Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure, setting up and managing accounts, and helping MDI faculty run analyzes on these systems. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Administer systems and applications • Administering big data environment, e.g. Hadoop • Administering systems built on cloud Infrastructure like Azure, AWS and Google.
- Provide support to faculty working groups using the MDI infrastructure.
- Evaluate system problems of workflow, organization, and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Perform quality control of processes and products produced.
- Assist in the formulation of technical strategies and processes for administered systems.
- Write, interpret and analyze technical documentation related to system administration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience for Redhat, Linux, Hadoop, and system administration can qualify
- At least 3 years of prior of system administration experience;
- Experience with cloud providers like Azure, AWS and Google
- Experience with Linux and Unix operating systems and provisioning applications
- Multiple System certifications in provisioning technologies such as Redhat Certified, Linux+, Security+
- Big Data environments such as Hadoop and Acumulo and provisioning software
- VMWare hypervisor environment and provisioning software
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .