Data Management Coordinator
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Data Management Coordinator - School of Nursing & Health Studies (NHS)
The School of Nursing & Health Studies (NHS) has undergone prolific growth over the last five years. It has become imperative to reorganize the administrative team to best support the needs of the school. In order to streamline and create efficiencies in oversight and management of data for the five departments of the school (Departments of Professional Practice, Advanced Nursing Practice, Human Science, International Health, and Health Systems Administration), there will be a data management vertical which will support all data needs and accountabilities for each department. The purpose of the reorganized data management vertical is to provide reports and projections to enable the school's senior leadership to make data driven decisions and operate the school in a more fiscally responsible manner. The vertical encompasses the ongoing build and growth of the Board-funded Georgetown 360 project, which enhances the ongoing support needed for faculty, administration and staff by creating easily accessible dynamic, real time data dashboards. These enhancements will allow school leadership to make more informed decisions that align with the strategy and vision for the school while being more responsive to the numerous requests for data that include: annual reports, accreditation reports, educational surveys, enrollment projections, financial projections, compliance oversight, building of schedules and academic calendars, and application management. Duties include but are not limited to:
Application Process Management
- Mastery and management of the application systems used within the NHS.
- Management of each application once submitted, inclusive of in-progress incomplete applications and submitted but not yet complete applications.
- Support of ongoing communications with in-progress applicants in order to encourage submission through drip campaigns and other mediums.
- Oversight of GPA calculations of submitted applications.
- Oversight and responsibility to compile completed applications and deliver them to respective review committees.
- Collaborate closely with academic departments to ensure smooth transition for applicant review and yield.
- Input all final admissions decisions into student of record.
Non-Traditional Academic Calendar Management
- Coordinate with departments in order to build, maintain, and publish non-traditional calendars.
- Work with campus stakeholders such as the Registrar's Office and Office of Student Financial Services to ensure calendars are in compliance with university and Department of Education regulations.
- Communicate calendar changes to students.
NURO Course Schedule Build
- Utilize accurate enrollment numbers and past enrollment history to create accurate enrollment projections and build the course schedule based on those projections.
- Work with faculty to ensure all built sections are accurately staffed and faculty are confirmed.
- Input finalized schedule and faculty into student information system (Banner).
- Communicate with educational partners and university departments about the progress of the schedule build.
- Manage student registration holds by placing holds on non-compliant students' records, removing holds when students come into compliance.
- Make changes in schedule as warranted by student enrollments.
- Build and pull data reports as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and direct experience working with student record systems, specifically Banner and Cognos; preferred candidates will have experience working in a rigorous higher educational setting, working with student records, academic
- Two to five years of experience in university programs
- Strong organizational skills and precise attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and respond to ever-changing environments comprised of a diverse group of stakeholders
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .