Engineering Office Coordinator
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Engineering Office Coordinator
The Coordinator serves as initial point of contact for community work requests via phone, email, fax and walk-ins. S/he facilitates communication among field personnel, management, and customers. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Receives work requests from campus community via phone, email, fax and walk-ins.
- Assesses urgency of requests and routes requests to appropriate facilities management area in the manner dictated by the urgency of the request.
- Identifies situations requiring assistance from other departments, and alerts such departments as necessary.
- Enters requests into Facility Center (SPAN) database and notifies requests of assigned work order numbers. Researches, initiates and prepares purchase requests required to complete action.
- Maintains log and file of work requests. Follows up on requests.
- Maintains contact with Facilities Management personnel via radio, pager and phone to ensure prompt and efficient response to requests.
- Closes out work and service requests in SPAN database.
- Verifies that accurate and complete information concerning labor and material cost are entered to assure that required financial processing occurs timely.
- Collects missing information by contacting Facilities Management area or department.
- Works with accounting staff to make necessary financial adjustments for costs called into question by department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma
- Requires minimum of one year of administrative experience
Must be computer literate. Experience with database software helpful
Must be able to speak and write English. Must have ability to hear and communicate effectively via phone and radio. Requires strong customer service orientation
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .