MA and Graduate Program Officer - Department of Government, Georgetown
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
MA and Graduate Program Officer - Department of Government, Georgetown College
Georgetown's Department of Government is an open, dynamic, and publicly engaged community of scholars, students, and professional staff. We believe in the ideal of scholarship for its own sake but are also deeply committed to the role of cutting-edge research in informing politics and public life. The Department of Government is one of the largest academic departments within the Georgetown College, housing three MA programs and a highly ranked PhD program. Reporting to the Chair and Administrative Officer, the MA Officer is responsible for serving graduate students to ensure a positive student experience while pursuing their pertinent degree. This position also contributes to the success of the MA programs in recruiting and retaining top students in the field, and the overall growth of these programs. The MA & Graduate Program Officer has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Supports and administers the Department of Government's graduate programs, with an emphasis on the MA in American Government program.
- Supports marketing for the department's programs, processing of graduate program financial expenditures,
- Maintain graduate program records and data.
- Recruit and retain top students in the field
- Bachelor's degree required with at least 2 years of experience in a fast-paced office
- Proficiency in MS Suite applications, organization social media presence and content-based web site management
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Superior multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Must be able to navigate sensitive matters with utmost confidentiality,and good judgement
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .