Public Relations and Marketing Specialist III
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by George Mason University
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Communications and Program Coordinator, National Security Institute
The George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School seeks a Communications and Program Coordinator for the National Security Institute (NSI) on the Arlington, Va., campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Reporting to National Security Institutes Program Manager, the NSI Communications and Program Coordinator will be responsible for the successful execution of NSI events and Communications plan and for supporting NSIâ€™s other programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- On-site event and program management. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Developing talking points for leadership team
- Managing problems as they occur
- Providing a positive experience for attendees
- Managing and executing programs and events. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Developing event concepts;
- Coordinating with vendors to ensure event success;
- Promoting events to potential attendees; and
- Arranging speakers and panelists participation
- Planning and executing NSIâ€™s marketing and social media strategy. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Promoting NSIâ€™s research and events through use of a variety of online platforms;
- Generating content for social media and other communications; and
- Executing NSIâ€™s communications strategy
- Developing and designing marketing materials for NSI events. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Designing flyers, presentations, and collateral
- Writing invitations and website descriptions for events
- Supporting NSI team in all aspects of NSIâ€™s work; and
- Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degreeâ€"or an equivalent combination of education and experienceâ€"is required, as well as experience in event management;
- Experience creating, editing and managing WordPress sites;
- Experience managing events;
- Experience developing and executing social media campaigns;
- Experience with graphic design;
- Must have excellent organizational skills, with the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities effectively;
- Self-starter, highly motivated and detail-oriented;
- Ability to interact with persons at all levels, including high-level legal officials and academics, in a professional manner and in different settings is critical;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office suite as well as strong database experience are necessary;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends; and
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally is necessary. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience using email marketing platforms such as MailChimp;
- Experience working at a public policy institution or familiarity and public policy issues, particularly in the national security arena; and
- Ability to interact with TV/Radio producers is desirable
This is not a supervisory position.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :