Senior Financial Analyst, Budget and Business Operations - Office of A
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Senior Financial Analyst, Budget and Business Operations - Office of Advancement
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for a number of financial and business operations functions. These include managing the workflow of the business operations team, assisting with complex contracts matters, maintenance of financial records, updating internal policies and procedures, and communicating with over 70 cost center managers on a regular basis. Reporting to the Senior Director, Budget and Business Operations, the Senior Financial Analyst has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provides training to new budget staff, and presents information relating to travel and procurement to staff.
- Assists the Senior Director, Budget and Business Operations in regular monthly budget to actuals reconciliation, and with the development of the annual budget for Advancement.
- Assists in developing strategic plans and activities needed to attain financial goals and reviews departments' spending plans on a quarterly basis.
- Notifies departments of areas or risk, and takes corrective action to make sure cost center managers are staying within their allocated budget.
- Makes resource allocation recommendations, reviews and analyzes expense and income data for projected year-end budget status and submits and initiates journal transfers as needed.
Budget Reports - Corrections and Projections
- Runs regular reports in GMS to review the Budget to Actuals performance of the cost centers within the Office of Advancement, reconciles activity, and makes corrections to errors.
- Prepares various analyses such as Return on Investment (ROI) and budget to actual reviews, and makes recommendations to budget managers regarding planning for revenues and spending levels.
- Works closely with the Senior Director to prepare materials needed for the annual fiscal year budget.
- Consolidates budget requests, and prepares initial draft for review.
- Works on budget to actual revenue and expense projections during the year.
- Manages complex contract agreements including drafting of contract terms, procurement, negotiation, securing adequate proof of insurance, management, amendment, and execution of advancement contracts to meet timelines and deliverables.
- Serves as secondary organizational contact during contract negotiations.
- Collaborates with University Finance Departments, Purchasing/Contracts, and Accounts Payable departments on improving overall contracts and payment processes and procedures.
- Trains and educates Advancement users on contracts policies and procedures to ensure compliance and efficient submission and review of contracts.
PCI Compliance, Access and Training
- In collaboration with the Director, Network Engineering, leads effort related to Plastic Card Industry (PCI) Compliance for the Office of Advancement, to ensure that data security standards meet the annual audit questionnaire.
- Approves requests for access to roles in the internal system Workday/Georgetown Management System, as well as GoCard key access to Alumni House.
- Trains new staff on understanding of their budgets, compliance issues, and policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree - preference for Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years of progressive experience in accounting environment, preferably with direct non-profit experience
- Experience in the reconciliation of complex accounts
- Preference for audit experience
- Strong writing skills and effective verbal communications skills
- Strict compliance with confidentially requirements
- Sharp attention to detail
- Excellent follow-up skills to ensure completion and closure on matters
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, particularly Excel (Pivot tables, VLookup) and Powerpoint
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and to be a team player in a team-oriented environment
- Strong initiative for recognizing issues that arise and taking the necessary steps needed to resolve them
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .