Hardware Technology Engineer, Identity & Collaboration - University In
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Hardware Technology Engineer, Identity & Collaboration - University Information Systems
The Hardware Technology Engineer manages and coordinates all aspects of services required to implement and maintain the GOCard system including peripherals. S/he provides software and hardware support of GOCard systems, including Blackboard Transact point of sale and door/access devices and applications, Windows, Datacard ID Works, and Lenel OnGuard; as well as end-user training on all modules of the card system, including off-campus vendors. Reporting to the GOCard Technical Support Coordinator, the Hardware Technology Engineer has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the ordering, installation, repair, maintenance and service of a variety of complex electronic card reading devices, communications lines, and associated peripheral and infrastructure equipment, such as Doors, points of sale, and infrastructure.
- Provides project coordination on the implementation of new card program equipment, networks, and interfaces.
- Determines and resolves compatibility issues with other hardware and software systems, the operating and applications systems; and plans, coordinates, schedules and manages system and software upgrades for Windows servers.
- Maintains and keeps current all technical/system documentation related to the transaction processing systems, including service records.
- Prepares life cycle schedule, advises department finance staff of the budgetary implications, and advises the Director of GOCard Services on the ability of the current infrastructure to support new requests for GOCard services.
- Handles configuration and programming, as well as coordination with UIS regarding GOCard's systems: Lenel OnGuard, Blackboard Transact, JSA Online Card Office, and Datacard ID Works.
- Performs programming functions such as interfaces to financial, student systems, and automating daily tasks.
- Coordinates with UIS for system security scans and updates.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or Management Information - Bachelor's degree preferred
- In-depth knowledge of electronic card reading, access control, electron and computer equipment, and communication devices
- Ability to provide proper accountability and security of all incoming requests
- Lenel OnGuard and Blackboard Transact certifications
- 2 to 3 years of experience with server management, including 1 year of programming experience
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .