Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Penske
As a Penske Technician III, you play a critical role in helping to keep our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the road. You'll perform preventative maintenance and minor component repairs on the newest and best-maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. If you are mechanically inclined or have completed any vehicle repair training, are willing to learn, and interested in a stable career, you can join our team of over 6000 vehicle repair associates at hundreds of locations nationwide.
Penske will introduce you to our vehicle maintenance processes, leading-edge technology, and winning company culture. You will collaborate with a high-energy, driven teams and leadership that will provide ongoing training and mentoring to help cultivate the skills and expertise you need to succeed. We have industry leading vehicle maintenance and repair technology, clean facilities, and provide all necessary major shop tools.
You will enjoy competitive starting salaries, generous time off up to three weeks and paid holidays and sick time, flexible schedules, excellent benefits, associate incentives and discount programs. At Penske, you will receive state of the art training each year on a variety of OEM equipment. Many of our technicians have been trained and certified through Penske's Technician Certification Program which is ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified as a CASE (Continuing Automotive Service Education) provider.
Location Address: 4729 Capital Circle NW, Tallahassee, FL 32303
Shift Hours: Shift days and hours yet to be determined.
- Primary duties of this role consist of ensuring vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers.
- Consistently using the tools and technologies provided at Penske to properly log, research, and complete repairs. This includes performing basic vehicle diagnostics.
- Conducting Preventative Maintenance repairs to perform minor repairs such as, install mounted tires, replace or rotate tires and complete vehicle component lubrication and replacement, some electrical system repairs, cooling system maintenance on gas and diesel engine vehicles.
- Continuously developing your skills in partnership with your manager utilizing Penske's available technician training and hands on mentoring.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor