Patient Services Manager 1
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Sodexo
Lehigh Valley Hospital is an 800 bed trauma facility. At Lehigh Valley Health Network, we continually go the extra mile to fulfill our mission to heal, comfort and care for the people of our community . Each one of our more than 17,000 colleagues contributes to this mission and helps make the Lehigh Valley a healthier - and better - place in which to live.
The patient Services Manager 1, is a member of the nutrition team working closely with the clinical dietetics staff to support the meal service of our patients. In this role you will also be providing management support to the kitchen operations team as a supervisor. Hours for this position are 12:00-9:00PM Monday through Friday with some nights and weekends. In this position you will be overseeing the patient tray line program (AYR)At Your Request Room Service for patient meals.
As our Patient Services Manager 1, you will manage a top tier patient services program. Your success will be measured by your ability to to:
- Work with food production and other managers to oversee daily operations to ensure a smooth flow of food services to patients
- Effectively manage a high volume patient tray line operation
- Exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Check and the patient experience
- Evaluate and develop service levels for the overall Patient Services Program
The ideal candidate will have outstanding customer services skills combined with the ability to schedule and manage a diverse staff in a Union environment. Prior experience with food production and ordering a plus. The Patient Service Manager must be able to work flexible hours Monday through Friday with nights and weekends. his position will manage client supervisors, two managers, up to 75 union employees, oversee scheduling, ordering, inventory, rounding and manage daily operations.
The ideal candidate:
The successful candidate will also be involved in the management and training of staff and food quality. Must have strong customer service skills.
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills as well the ability to work collaboratively
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
Careers in Health Care Services:
Working for Sodexo in Health Care allows you to offer patients, health care professionals and caregivers around the world the best health care experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo's unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.T
Provides direction for patient meal services at patient care units to ensure customer satisfaction and retention for the Company.
- Directs daily operations of patient meal services at patient care units to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Supervises day-today work activities by delegating authority, assigning, scheduling, and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Performs audits and prepares reports
COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SERVICES