General Manager 3 - Food
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo Government Services has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager 3 . Sodexo is seeking a Food General Manager 3 to lead the food service operations within a Marine Base located in Washington, DC. There is great satisfaction from serving those that serve and it is core to our mission to "Improve the Quality of Daily Life for Everyone We Serve." This position will be responsible for the day to day operations of a mess hall that serves 200 people at each meal period.
The Food General Manager 3 will report to the District Manager and will have oversight of a Food Production Manager and 35 subcontract partner employees. The GM will also support various assignments as directed by the District Manager. Sodexo's relationship with the Marine Corps continues to grow, and there will be a great opportunity for this position to grow while leading the charge at this location . Excellent customer and client skills, training and developing the team and ensuring quality operations for our Marine customers will be key to the GM's success.
We are looking for General Manager 3 candidates who will:
- Have oversight of day-to day operations
- Strong contract management/compliance experience
- Deliver high quality food service
- Achieve company financial targets and goals
- Develop and maintain client and customer relations
- Develop strategic plans
- Create a positive and enjoyable environment
- Ensure Sodexo Standards and Marine Standards are met
The ideal candidate:
- Has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills
- Has a strong background in food safety and sanitation compliance
- Has history and knowledge of working in a Union environment
- Has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills and has a passion for a high level of customer service
- Can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Please visit the Sodexo _ Network with Us _page and consider signing up for our _ Career Connections eNewsletter _.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission.
Keywords: Food Service; Government; Marine; Washington DC
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities