Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Cabela's Inc.
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela's has an opening for a Full-Time Merchandising Specialist at our retail Waco, TX store.
Provide a legendary customer service experience for every customer by engaging customers with rich, relevant experience, showcasing expertise for Cabela's exceptional products, and providing insight to the excellent value of the experiences and memories to be made in the outdoors now and in the future.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partners with Merchandise Manager and all Department Managers to execute product presentation displays, visual prop elements, signing for special events, bust form and mannequins displays and other regionally appropriate displays.
- Works with all departments and associates to ensure merchandise and visual presentation standards are set and maintained at the highest level.
- Knows and supports all company merchandise presentation policies, cheat sheets and signage standards. Will help execute those standards and assure compliance with and consistency of throughout the retail store.
- Supports the company's commitment to delivering world class customer service and ensuring a pleasant, safe, and productive shopping experience for all guests.
- Partners with the Maintenance Manager in reporting needs for display and taxidermy upkeep including large scale project execution.
- Partners with the Merchandise Manager to manage monthly budgets in balance with visual presentation supply needs.
- Completes assignments on the web page portal each month to upload a corporate determined set of photos and/or other directives; communicates any resulting opportunities and feedback to store management.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Computer literate with a basic working knowledge of Microsoft software programs
- 1-2 years retail merchandising experience preferred, i.e., working with displays, shop layouts, visual props, etc.
- Ability to positively partner with various members of store management and associates in a productive manner
Ability to write business correspondence as required
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Basic working knowledge of simple power tools is preferred
- Ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off shelving.
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
Cabela's offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family.
Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.