Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing preferred.
* 2 years supervisory or manufacturing technical support role.
* Machining strongly preferred.
* Associate Degree in a technical/related field with 5 years related manufacturing supervisory or lead role.
* Must have exceptional communication skills for customer interface.
* Collaborate with Production Planner to develop daily production plan by reviewing production schedules, making job assignments, estimating worker hour requirements.
* Assign, direct, and observe the daily work of operators to meet daily customer demand.
* Develop, maintain, and improve standard work in coordination with Manufacturing Services.
* Train, develop, motivate, and lead a team of 10-20 people to achieve established goals and objectives related to production.
* Assure that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production.
* Hold daily team briefings to review previous work days progress and todays plan.
* Administer and document training for production team members.
* Lead and culture change toward one of continuous improvement organization by driving the use of process improvement initiatives and tools.
* Assist in the analysis of production and related processes and recommend improvements or changes in working conditions and use of equipment to decrease costs and increase efficiency and quality of facilities, equipment, processes, and team member performance using process improvement tools.