Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
The Engineering Manager is responsible for manufacturing support in all aspects of engineering. Accountability includes, but is not limited to, process creation and improvement, efficiency enhancements, procedural documentation, trial coordination, aid in process development, root cause identification and rectification of current manufacturing limitations, robotics, mechanical troubleshooting, in-mold coating and new technology research/implementation.
* BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering
* 10-12 years in an automotive manufacturing environment or similar heavy manufacturing.
* 5+ years of engineering leadership experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
* Strong working knowledge of manufacturing process and tooling, ideally in molding and automotive assembly operations.
* Expertise with Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and Root Cause Analysis
* Expert in APQP and Launch Activities to include FMEAs and Control Plans
* Proven track record of initiating and implementing continues process improvements
* Expertise with GD&T and understanding customer prints and specifications.
* Highly developed formal problem solving skills and decision making ability
* Proven ability to create work flows and work instructions
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to lead high performing work teams
* Advanced ability to develop capital projects and budgets
* Advanced knowledge and use of TS16949 or ISO9001 quality systems