Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* 70,000 SF Air Conditioned Facility
* Clean and Friendly Work Environment
* 401 K Savings Plan with Company Matching
* Competitive Health & Benefits Package
* Annual Performance & Bonus Incentives
POSITION: MACHINIST: GRIND, MILLING, AND TURNING
2ND SHIFT (10% DEFERENTIAL)
Set up and perform a normal range of machining operations on conventional and special purpose machines, CNC turning machines and various types of machine tools to repair aircraft parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Operate horizontal and vertical lathes, milling and grinding machines, VTLs, jigbores, Bridgeports, rubber grinding, Prototrack, drill press and other special shop equipment for repair of parts.
* Work from process travelers, blueprints, part drawings, manuals, specifications and verbal directions to determine proper dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
* Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material. Select and align holding fixtures and cutting tools. Regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle cut.
* Primarily perform turning machine operations and occasional drilling, cutting, and grinding. Observe machine operations to detect malfunctions or out- of- tolerance machining.
* Use indicators, calipers, verifiers, micrometers and gauge blocks to check work and verify conformance of finished part specifications.
* Confer with machinists that are more senior and other production personnel to resolve machining problems. Make recommendations for improvements or improvisations for most effective machining operations.
* Detect faulty operations and materials along with other problems to immediate supervisor. Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations. Wear necessary personal protective equipment as required.
* Actively participate in cross-training, cost savings and team activities to improve processes. Maintain appropriate tack and diplomacy in dealings with co-workers, team members and supervisors.
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform all other similar or related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, all individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.