Director of Microbiology Operations
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Oversee analytical testing ensure cutting-edge technologies for new test methods, research activities and product evaluations.
* Direct all technical standard operating procedures, including development, validation, and approval.
* Monitor and maintain standards of performance in quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA); ensures key performance indicators (KPIs) are met.
* Liaise with quality and laboratory managers, providing the required technical knowledge and management to ensure that methods, documentation, and laboratory activities are compliant with regulations and requirements to retain certifications and accreditations.
* Develop, review, and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines to provide timely and accurate processing of samples, analysis, and reporting of test results.
* Responsible for overall management and professional development of lab employees and ensure professional development of group.
* Direct major functions within the research and development activities of the laboratory and provide coordination of interdepartmental research activities and collaborators.
* Work with senior management to provide strategic plans and to improve efficiency of laboratory operations.
* Develop budgets for areas of responsibility to incorporate into overall operations.
The position requires the following qualifications:
* PhD in microbiology, molecular biology, biology and 7 to 10+ years of experience in clinical microbiology.
* Comprehensive knowledge of cutting-edge microbiology, immunology, and molecular biology assay formats to create an organized process for assay development.
* Established ability to evaluate and produce reliable results, problem-solve and trouble shoot complex problems.
* Demonstrated well-developed leadership and personnel management skills.
* Excellent communication skills written & oral.
Western Pennsylvania Golf Association
Affinity Executive Search