Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
JOB TITLE: Engineering Technician (CNC) LOCATION: Engineering Warren
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Manufacturing Engineer
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provide daily production support under direction of the appropriate line manufacturing engineer. Support all tool testing, process improvements activities, prototype runs, new program implementation and identify continuous improvements opportunities. Complete engineering PMs as assigned. Maintain CNC programs and manage program change control per documented process. Perform layered process audits as scheduled.
* Daily technical support to production/operations.
* Set-up and conduct tests on cutting tools under operational conditions for improving performance or to obtain data for development, standardized and capability.
* Program, de-bug, and troubleshoot CNC equipment.
* Participate in development and implementation of continuous improvement projects identified by operation top 5.
* Assist efforts with manufacturing engineering, tool engineering, and DCP teams to improve departments measurable (scrap, MRB, tool life, OEE).
* Assist manufacturing and tool engineering with maintaining tool set-up sheets and tool designs, tool life matrices, set-up and changeover instructions, and rework instructions.
* Perform and assist manufacturing engineering root cause analysis to eliminate tool breakage, process variation and equipment downtime.
* Communicate issues for resolution regarding maintenance to line engineer or line supervisor.
* Assist with job training for manufacturing technicians and line supervisors regarding the proper operation of new or rebuilt equipment during initial start-up and launch.
* Conduct routine process audits and layered process audits (LPA) to ensure processes are being maintained within documented parameters. Record an appropriate check list or other documents.
* Maintain accurate records of CNC Programs.
* Work in safe manner and report unsafe work conditions, equipment, or practices to department supervisors or engineers for resolution.
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of cutting tool and CNC technology through two years of technical study or equivalent work experience.
* Knowledge of mathematics up to and including trigonometry.
* Demonstrated skill with machine tools.
* Ability to understand new manufacturing processes quickly.
* Knowledge of PFMEA, DCP, SPC, Cutting Tool Application, Metrology, Problem Solving, applicable quality and customer specific standards. i.e., TS/QS (willing to train in areas needed).