Manufacturing Floor Inspector
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Perform inspection of graphic cases, production assemblies and sub-assemblies for conformance to specifications.
* Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, production traveler, work instruction, process specifications, and sketches at the direction of supervisor in completing a variety of inspection tasks.
* Verify inspection equipment, machinery and tools used are calibrated per company policy.
* Notify the operator when a non-conformance is found.
* Bring problems/issues to attention of Manufacturing Area Supervisor or Lead.
* Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals as set by the production schedule.
* Performs other duties as assigned, to maintain efficiency throughout the company.
* Learn Good Manufacturing Practices and inspection techniques.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 3 years inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings for medical devices
* Automated inspection system experience is a plus.
* Knowledgeable in the use of the Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel
* Strong clerical and math skills
* Ability to use Standard measuring Equipment i.e. Micrometers, Calipers, Height Gages, profilometer, ring, plug and thread, go no/go gages, dial indicator, surface plate, gage blocks and torque wrench.
* Familiarity with GMP and SOPs to ISO standards a plus
* Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value
* Reliable, self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision
* Good communication skills.
Marshall Services of Skippack, PA
Affinity Executive Search