Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Participate in product development through design engineering, 3D modeling, drawing creation, and component selection
* Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for production parts using SolidWorks.?
* Follow in house engineering processes and assist in the creation and improvement of existing products design
* Review the prints prepared by other engineers
* Perform FEA analysis and present conclusive results with the guidance from senior engineer
* Potential CFD analysis on pump and turbo with the guidance from senior engineer
* Assist in product trouble shooting for testing, manufacturing and field service
* Other duties as assigned.
* Design and design review - Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Must be a highly motivated self-starter who has a passion for engineering and can offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require persistence, original thinking and a positive attitude.
* Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Solve technical issues independently with supports from team
* Excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with other engineers, shop technicians, sales, customers, and vendors.
* Must possess strong engineering skills and be capable of interacting with various personnel across different teams.
* Must have an advanced knowledge of mechanical engineering and design and be familiar with applicable Codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices.
* Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with other engineers, personnel, management, customers, and vendors.
* Proven track record of accomplishment as a design engineer on industrial project.
* 3-5 years of experience in mechanical design and engineering.
* Bachelors degree or above in Mechanical Engineering
* Experience with 3D modeling, FEA and CFD software (Solidworks & Ansys preferred) and MS Office applications.