Product Manager - CNC Tube Benders
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Works as an internal resource to the Regional Sales, Technical, and Management team supporting sales activities by providing technical expertise, product knowledge, interface with factory experts, and administrative support for company bender products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION(S) OF THE POSITION:
_The duties listed below are the specific duties and tasks that someone in this position must accomplish (i.e. why the job exists.) These are the core responsibilities of the position that cannot be modified or eliminated. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the level and/or class of this position. _
* Intermittently accompany the Sales team to sales calls for the purpose of providing technical support for the sales presentation.
* Assesses the Customers operation; provide application reviews by identifying an appropriate process, reviewing customer requirements, and providing technical analysis.
* Calculate tooling and machine configuration pricing based on costs.
* In conjunction with Sales Director, prepare, supply and maintain formal quotes for RSM use.
* Prepare, supply, and maintain formal detailed quotes for customers as necessary.
* Development of Sales Tools for new features or machines.
* Develop or maintaining technical, commercial, and internal documentation relating to machine configuration, proposal, and costing.
* Prepare machine configuration documentation, factory purchase documents, and other related documents.
* Provide mentoring and technical overview for the Applications Engineering team.
* Support the application process from a technical standpoint.
* Coordinate customer demonstrations.
* Coordinate acceptance of equipment with the customer and internal resources; ensure equipment is correct, in working order, and that the customer is comfortable with use.
* Travel to Italy 2 times per year for continual training in bender and other equipment as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in a Technical field and/or Business Administration.
Ten years experience with the same or similar equipment product line.
Sales or manufacturer experience with similar high value capital equipment.
Experience working with foreign capital equipment manufacturers is desirable.
Direct experience with Italian machine tool builders is highly desirable.
Valid Drivers License.
No more than two (2) points on a driving record within a three (3) year period.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Thorough technical understanding of CNC Tube Bender equipment and part applications.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project).
Able to effectively use the Internet.
Ability to travel by plane or by car in the US and Canada, as well as the company factories in Italy.
Proficient with common business practices relating to purchase, pricing, terms, shipment, taxes, and payment for products and services.
Ability to effectively support the Field Sales team with required technical information during negotiations.
Ability to build strong relationships with customers, including understanding their business needs.
Ability to prioritize and schedule travel activities as well as make efficient use of time and resources.
Must be able to work effectively with little supervision.
Able to effectively work with all levels of team members and all types of customer personalities.
FLUENT IN ITALIAN (PREFERRED)
EQUIPMENT, MACHINERY, TOOLS, AND VEHICLES USED:
General office equipment, including, computers, printers, fax machines and telephones.
Company or personal vehicle.
_The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. _
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to manipulate (type), stand; talk and hear; walk; sit, and lift or move no more than ten (10) pounds. Must be able to drive a car or ride in a plane for prolonged periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret technical data, information and documents, analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines with occasional interruptions, and interact with staff and other organizations.
_The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position._
The incumbent works primarily in the field visiting existing customers and new prospects. May occasional visit manufacturing facilities where the noise level may be moderate to loud.
The position requires approximately 20% travel. Travel may be local, out of State, or internationally as required.
This position reports to the North American Sales Director
No direct supervisor requirements.