Sr. Network Engineer
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Assess requirements for data and voice networks
* Lead network installation projects
* Establish and maintain backup and defense systems
* Troubleshoot network architecture and provide high-level network technical support
* Recommend network system fixes and enhancements
* Coordinates and ensures the standard implementation of policies, procedures and systems operations with support personnel.
* Writes and/or maintains up-to-date documentation for network software and operational procedures.
* Develops hardware configuration plans for network systems. Plans, designs, and coordinates the various components of an enterprise network system.
* Ensures network equipment and software is meeting the needs of the program areas as defined in the distributed processing plan and modifies the distributed processing plan as required.
* Evaluates and recommends network software and hardware for the enterprise system.
* Analyzes and resolves network hardware, software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
* Monitors the hardware to ensure it is properly maintained.
* Coordinates with management for the acquisition of and contracting for hardware, software, and information technology services (including maintenance) for the networks.
* Develops and maintains disaster recovery procedures for the network and network resources.
* Knowledge of network wiring/cabling.
* Consults with users and program management conducting information assessments to determine user needs and to define network solutions to meet user requirements.
* Conducts research and development in network systems and related technologies, including hardware, software, and communications devices.
* Conducts on-going network system audits to evaluate the utility and efficiency of the systems hardware, software, and communications components and the effectiveness in meeting management information needs.
* Reviews detailed reports on trend analysis, capacity planning and overall system health
* Ensures that necessary levels of expertise exist and that, where necessary, training is planned for and carried out
* Provides analysis of all problems and user generated issues to spot trends and facilitate system wide solutions.
* Facilitates and documents guidelines to perform the functions of the job
* Opens up problem reporting tickets and accurately uses all problem tracking software systems
* Adheres to other defined SOPs as required
Sr. Network Engineer
$118 - $120K + 7% Bonus
The Sr. Network Engineer Network Admin III is responsible for planning, monitoring, supporting, managing and integrating the enterprise network systems that include both wireless and VoIP. Involved in the configuration and maintenance of both the physical and logical network infrastructure. Monitors and manages the network, data information, including technical and administrative analysis, remediates incidents, performs capacity and resource planning, assesses network risks and contingency planning. Responsible for the networks areas of the DMZ, WAN, LAN, WLAN and VPN communications. Maintain and monitor firewall infrastructure.
* Requires a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Minimum 5 years experience is required with Cisco IOS, VPN Concentrators, Firewalls, Routers, WLAN, Switches, and Load balancers. Strong hands-on routing knowledge of network/internet protocols/services such as MPLS, VPLS, DS3, T1, GigE, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DNS, IPSec, and NAT.
* Firewall experience in Palo Alto a plus
* Experience with Network documentation and monitoring tools such as: Visio, HP Network Node Manager, Solarwinds, Wire Shark
* Knowledge of electronic data transmission principles, LAN networks, routing fundamentals, business applications, DMZ design and troubleshooting techniques is essential.
* Knowledge of standard cabling technologies such as UTP (Category 3, 5, 5e and 6, 6A), Fiber Optic (single mode, multi-mode), and Coaxial.
* Should have the Ability to Work Independently and be Able to Establish Priorities.
* Must have Excellent Troubleshooting and Communication Skills.
* Must have the ability to work in a fast paced dynamic and growing IT environment and the flexibility to work with a wide range of technologies.
* Good Organizational Skills.
* Ability to think clearly, a logical thought process and above all, the refusal to give up, admit defeat or succumb to adverse and/or difficult circumstances
* Proven ability to provide strategic technological input to business decisions
* Proven experience in server/network architecture and operations
Affinity Executive Search