Sr. Manager Data Science
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
This is an awesome opportunity to be responsible for leading a team of data scientists that help deliver our next-generation analytics platform.
You will work with data scientists, analysts, product management, software engineering, and clinical experts to take analytic innovation from the research lab to production applications.
You will work in a large complex data environment with a variety of sources and technologies.
You will be creating a real difference in making medication management safer, and efficient and cost effective.
The selected candidate will bring new ideas, creativity and perspectives to our organization.
* Lead a team of data scientists and wranglers to build, maintain, and improve analytic decision systems and predictive models that drive significant customer impact
* Work with business leaders to understand their domains, desired outcomes, and translate product requirements into analytic deliverables
* Work with leadership to develop and execute on roadmap of desired analytic capabilities and product deliverables within committed timeframes
* Explore opportunities from internal and external data sources to innovate on new products and/or enhance existing models
* Present to senior management on business reviews, roadmap progress and innovation concepts
* Lead evaluation of emerging analytics technologies and services for selection and proper fit with the organization
* Drive an engaging, innovative and inclusive culture within your team
* Evaluate and manage external data science partners, as needed, to deliver on business goals
* Track record of delivering and maintaining successful data science products into commercial products and achieving desired customer outcomes in a dynamic environment
* 5+ years managing, leading and developing direct reports
* Degree in a quantitative field (engineering, math, statistics, physics) with 10+ years of experience
* Expert level experience with MULTIPLE STATISTICAL AND DATA RELATED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES SUCH AS PYTHON, R, SAS, SQL
* Experience with various machine learning methods including classification/tree, SVM and ensemble approaches.
* Ability to effectively switch communication styles from business to technical audiences, ranging from in depth analysis to concise, high level messaging
* Understanding of software development and engineering practices including source control, CI/CD and DevOps
* Experience with agile, lean practices and methodologies
* Ability to work effectively in cross-functional groups. Must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
* Experience with medical software such as Hospital Information Systems, Medical Record Systems or Lab Information Systems
* Knowledge of Hadoop, Cloud and other modern data architecture
MANAGING DATA SCIENCE TEAMS FOR 5 YEARS
SUCCESSFUL DELIVERY OF COMPLEX DATA SCIENCE AND ANALYTICAL PROBLEMS
WORKING WITH BUSINESS STAKEHOLDERS,
EVALUATE CURRENT TECHNOLOGIES AND ORGANIZATION, ALIGN TO MEET BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
LEAD AND MENTOR A TEAM
OWN EXECUTION OF DATA SCIENCE ROADMAP
VISA SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE
Relocation Assistance Available
7+ TO 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
At least a Bachelors Degree is required
TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
AlivaMab Discovery Services