Engineering Test Lab Supervisor
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Customer Project Requirements
* Legal Requirements
* Industry Standards (14001, 16949)
* knowledge gaining, technology enhancements, standardization and IPT
* Support development projects with test planning, setup, runs and evaluations
* Support global standardization of testing and verification methods, hardware and processes between USA, China and Europe
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supervise, Guide and Lead the Lab personnel
* Plan and Schedule Lab Resources (test stands, tools, equipment, technicians) to complete project related verification testing and operations support testing in the most efficient way.
* Supervise prototype builds and testing of technicians within their project work and ensure adequate documentation according to the related APQP documents (Prototype Control Plan, DVP, Engineering Specification and Standards)
* Ensure that test-lab equipment has the highest availability and runtime (coordinate maintenance and repair).
* Ensure testing equipment generates correct and accurate test results (R&R studies) that engineering decisions can be reliably based on.
* Enhance and upgrade testing and verification equipment and capabilities in cooperation with Test and Product Engineers towards best possible representation of the real world (correlation) within the budget limits.
* Enhance and maintain appearance of Testing/Lab as a showcase laboratory towards our customers.
* Support creation of test-process and test stand specifications for global use
* Support alignment of test stand and testing requirements between US, China and Europe
* Generate test reports and results analysis.
* Present lab capabilities and test results to customers.
* Support generation of APQP documents within the product development teams
REQUIRED KEY COMPETENCIES:
* Self-responsible and independent work style
* Taking Ownership and accountability
* Strong communication skills also in multicultural environment
* Flexible in adapting to change
* Action oriented and driving for results
* Strong in problem solving and finding creative solutions
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
* > 5 year experience in automotive product engineering
in particular in verification testing.
* Knowledge and Experience in technology of measuring and analyzing physical characteristics like temperature, pressure, flow, torque, speed, vibration, noise and geometric data.
* Knowledge and Experience of test stand controls and data acquisition systems
* Working knowledge of statistical analysis
* Six Sigma application knowledge
* Programming skills (Labview)