Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
SUMMARY: This is a key position managing the EHS Activities for 2-4 manufacturing locations.
* Communicates regulatory expectations, and ensures all plants are in compliance with current regulations and forthcoming regulatory changes.
* Oversees implementation of EHS program within the area of responsibility, and audits current work practices and create reports to document areas of improvement.
* Conduct or ensure people are trained in all areas of EHS in plants (MSDs, 02 levels, hearing, eye protection,, etc.).
* Internal consultant for air permitting, waste management program and environmental procedures development.
* Develops training plans and related safety alerts based upon needs of the organization.
* Implements EHS recognition programs and metrics coordination.
* Contributes during accident/incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis, creates OSHA forms.
* Conduct EHS-related reviews/ Audits/manage equipment and supplies program, and ensure safety committees are meeting and meaningful.
* Provides Emergency Response and coordination.
* Provides EHS support for training and employee awareness.
* Participates in corporate initiatives and program development as required.
* Reviews and communicates compliance in the form of monthly reports for training, EHS assessments, and other leading indicators.
* Ensures all Workers Compensation Claims are handled appropriately, including medical billing. Participates in state Workers comp meetings.
* Bachelors degree in safety, environmental sciences or engineering preferred
* 3 years EHS industry experience in a manufacturing environment.
* 3 years experience auditing plant safety, hearing, and other EHS issues in manufacturing, including Safety program/committee administration,
* Knowledge of OSHA, HASMAT, MSD, Fire, and Safety/Ergonomics, personal protection, LOTO issues in plants.
* Knowledge of state and federal health and safety regulations and their impact on operations.
* Knowledge of Workers comp, and typical Medical ramifications as it relates to insurance.
* Knowledge of the safe work behaviors and interpretation of EHS data.
* 2 years experience developing training materials and delivering training on EHS related activities.
* Travel to multiple facilities required