Commercial Construction Estimator (Concrete & Site)
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Commensurate with experience.
Privately held market leader and innovator in theresidential and commercial concrete construction industry is seeking an experienced Commercial Construction Estimatorto join their team. For more than 40 years they have been bringing firsts to their industry with things likeguaranteed waterproofing of foundations, robotic surveying instruments, truck mounted conveyors, CAD drawings of foundations and more.The company is known for being fair and doing whats right, investing in the business and their employees, and maintaining a constant focus on quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
* EVALUATE PROJECTS - Review and interpret blueprints and other information available for projects that come in for bidding. Call on customer by phone or email to clarify questions raised. Visit work site if necessary. Perform accurate take-offs, costing of materials, equipment and labor including means and methods evaluation for commercial concrete and sitework proposals. Utilize your knowledge and experience of means and methods to achieve maximum profit potential on lowest bid possible. Work with production team / management as needed to determine best means and method comparison and to assist with margin decisions. _(65% of time will be spent in this area.)_
* PREPARE PROPOSALS - Prepare professional written proposals, send and follow up with client. The Estimator is the first point of contact after bids are submitted for clarification questions from customer. Be prepared to answer questions from client about proposals and attend bid clarification meetings as needed, being a professional advocate for the company. _(15% of time will be spent in this area.)_
* SUPPORT PROJECT TEAMS - Work with our team to kick off new projects by providing a comprehensive review of the job details, providing all quantities and means and methods ideas for materials, labor and other processes to start off new jobs. Meet with team at weekly / biweekly update meetings to review progress compared to quote. Continue to assist team with questions that come up about the job. _(10% of time will be spent in this area)_
* BUILD & MAINTAIN DATABASE - Build and maintain an accessible data base of unit costs based on bids, successful sales and rejection feedback, job costing meetings and post mortem analysis to constantly improve speed and bidding quality. Be organized and ready to answer questions about ongoing jobs at any time during the work day. _(10% of time will be spent in this area.)_
* Current high level ability to read, interpret, cross-reference and understand complex blueprints and job specification manuals.
* Excellent ability to communicate, verbally and by email, with clients and staff.
* Must be able to process math problems quickly and accurately.
* Demonstrated expertise in concrete construction estimating skills and basic sitework estimating skills.
* Computer skill, including good level of Microsoft suite including very good excel skills.
* Must be able to create excellent proposals, well organized, well written, organized to be easily understood by the reader.
* Should have experience researching ACI (American Concrete Institute) manuals to coordinate bid document and blueprint requirements to ACI standards and incorporate related costs to estimates (or discuss with staff and client).
* Must be an excellent organizer of information so that questions about our proposals can be immediately tracked back through back up calculations for potential changes to specifications, quantities required, change orders or value engineering ideas.
* Skill in one or more electronic / computerized estimating software systems (ComputerEase would be a plus).
* Skill with electronic take-off system(s).
* Excellent sitework estimating experience.
* CAD proficient.
Keywords: Estimator, Concrete, Blueprints, Bid, Bidding, take-offs, Commercial Concrete, Proposals,ACI (American Concrete Institute),ACI standards, CAD,ComputerEase
HOW TO EXPRESS INTEREST - CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE INSTRUCTIONS.