Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Direct all payroll services, operational effectiveness initiatives, and management of end-to-end controls for payroll processes while also developing a team culture of continuous improvement
* Partner with key leaders across the company to develop a vision for the future-state payroll process. Provide direction regarding strategy, systems and departmental collaboration.
* Manage project and system implementations across multi-disciplinary functions of payroll.
* Manage compliance with internal policies and controls, SOX as well as compliance with various state, local and federal laws and regulatory guidance.
* Review and assess payroll practices and procedures for operational effectiveness and quality. Develop and communicate Service Level Agreement to business partners and monitor and report against these goals and measures teams adherence to SLAs
* Oversee workload and structure of a department of approximately 20 employees to maximize accuracy and efficiency in the process.
* Lead the payroll integration of newly acquired businesses.
* Establish and maintain a strong relationship with business leaders throughout the organization as well as external vendors
* Manage relationships with internal and external auditors and state and federal agencies
* Attract and develop highly qualified payroll professionals and ensures a highly engaged workforce
The Director of Payroll will be responsible for setting the corporate payroll strategy and developing policies and procedures to ensure payroll accuracy and efficiency. This position will oversee all corporate payroll functions including payroll processing for over 13,000 exempt and non-exempt US employees in multiple states.
* Bachelors degree and 10-15 years related payroll experience in a large multi-national or domestic organizations operating across multiple geographies.
* Experience with major HRIS/payroll systems required
* Strong leadership skills -leading, coaching, developing and inspiring a team setting team goals, measuring success and communicating achievements.
* Excellent collaboration and written and verbal communication skills, including experience meeting and presenting to senior executives.
* Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required
* Change management experience and ability to facilitate change
* Healthcare payroll experience preferred
* CPP preferred