Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Oversees all repairs, projects, preventive and predictive maintenance while providing direction and guidance to the Maintenance Coordinator, Maintenance Technician, and Tool Cleaner positions.
* Is also responsible for plant services, utilities, stores building and janitorial equipment and security needs.
* Provides for the continuing improvement of Maintenance Technicians, equipment and facility.
* Experienced Maintenance Supervisor or Manager from a non-union manufacturing company.
* Automotive is a big plus.
* Experience with lean, 5S, Kaizen and TPS is preferred
* NEED EXPERIENCE WITH ROBOTICS AND ALLEN BRADLEY PLCS.
* Bachelors degree (B. S.) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university; and one plus years related experience and/or training as a Maintenance Manager; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications-Word and Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
* Must have basic electrical and hydraulic knowledge, mechanical aptitude, and ability to read and understand blue prints.
* Must also have good people skills, good time management skills, and the ability to train Team Members.
* Must be trained and certified in confined spaces and hazardous materials
* Forklift truck license.
* Coordinate and plan all facility maintenance, both internal and external labor and services including contractor service and labor for routine preventative maintenance and repairs (chillers, air compressors, HVAC, fire sprinkler systems, etc.).
* Supervise and coordinate maintenance activities of all shift team members and designated off shift maintenance coordinator.
* Supervise and manage storeroom operations and on hand levels (MRO crib/spare parts).
* Responsible for 99% inventory accuracy, control of spare parts check out/usage and ensuring the system is used correctly.
* Direct all plant emergencies including, but not limited to, fires, storm damage, chemical spills and major mechanical failures.
* Responsible for all emergency shutdown readiness and emergency response preparedness (including drills, plans and effectiveness).
* Supervise and manage all machinery improvements.
* Develop and implement predictive maintenance.
* Develop and implement training programs.
* Ensure all Maintenance Technicians are appropriately trained and receive proper skill set attainment to UGN standards.
* Institute safety, fundamentals, documentation and general 5S into all repairs and projects.
* Maintain time and work order records.
* Assist other departments when necessary.
* Perform activities of workers supervised as necessary.
* Directly supervises Team Members in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
* Other duties may be assigned.