Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
The Application Developers role is to design, develop and enhance software applications. This can also include translating business requirements from functional specifications into technical requirements for development, application evaluation, application configuration, application and integration testing as well as completing appropriate change management documentation.
* Manages development and testing tasks and ensuring adherence to previously agreed to timelines communicating status
* Performs technical walk-through as needed to communicate design/coded solution and to seek input from team members
* Experience working with business partners to translate business requirements to workflow designs
* Experience in experience with the Java programming language or others like Informatica, ETL, Data quality, application configuration
* Experience in integration between source systems and PIM and MDM tools a plus
* BA/BS required
* 2-8 yrs experience with Java or other variety of languages in development and support
* Experience and skills with relational databases and SQL, especially Oracle and MS SQL Server. Must have the ability to analyze database structures, data and troubleshoot errors/issues and performance.
* Working knowledge of Eclipse IDE Development tools (plus - not mandatory)
* Understand of log4j logging definitions and levels (plus - not mandatory)
* Working knowledge of XML a plus
* Desire to learn and/or experience and technical configuration skills with Master Data Management (MDM) and/or Product Information Management (PIM) principles, data and technologies.Including but not limited to: InformaticaMDM & PIM, Stibo, Riversand and Oracle is a plus NOT mandatory.
* Experience with digital media assets for retail products or consumer packaged goods, such as product marketing images, videos and content is a plus.
* Exposure to e-commerce solutions a plus (Demandware, Hybris, Magento)
* Experience in data modeling with high level understanding of data integration, both real-time and batch a plus.
* Understanding of data quality and governance solutions. Technical experience a plus.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organization, self-direction, and discipline
* Critical thinking skills and a strong analytical mindset.
Core-Mark International, Inc.