Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
The Manufacturing Engineer position is responsible for design and development of manual to highly automated assembly and test equipment in a predominately automotive emission control component manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a team based environment. Designs and manufactures fixtures and setups as required for scheduled testing.
* Apply continuous improvement methods to existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas for improvement.
* Design and implement tooling changes necessary for continuous improvement.
* Meeting metrics of OEE, Scrap, Uptime, etc.
* Improve existing or launch new equipment to ensure capacity.
* Prepare and maintain documentation for manufacturing processes.
* Bachelors degree in technical discipline such as mechanical engineering technology or equivalent.
* 3-5 years hands on technical experience in maintaining and developing electro-mechanical equipment.
* CAD design of automation systems, tools, fixtures, gages, etc.
* Progressive responsibility for production metrics (i.e.: scrap, uptime, OEE, etc.).
* Project management experience.
* Good communication skills / team experience.
* Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Initiatives.