Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Our client is looking for a Network Engineer to be responsible for the design of enterprise class commercial circuits and maintenance of network equipment.
* Design Commercial Engineering network elements and Commercial Services consistent with Engineering policies, standards, and best practices.
* Maintain the sites objects, network equipment, network and service path designs
* Maintains IP addressing and IP allocation for equipment and network interfaces.
* Expected to respond to on-call issues and participate in a standby rotation.
* Must be able to function effectively in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree or equivalent training, education and experience.
* CCNA or CCNP preferred or equivalent certification from Juniper
* Cisco, Alcatel, Juniper, RAD, and ADVA experience preferred
* 5 years of experience administering a data(Ethernet, CWDM, DWDM) network.
* Ability to design MPLS, VPLS, RPR, 802.1Q switched networks, and related routing protocols.
* Understanding of optical transmission technologies including SONET, DWDM, CWDM, and xPON services as well as layer 3 routing and layer 2 switching / circuit emulation.
* Experience with a large campus, enterprise, or carrier MPLS/BGP network as well as Sonet/TDM equipment.
* Point to Point, Point to Multi-point, Multi-point to Multi-point, Dedicate Internet Access and Primary Rate interface (PRI) Network Topologies.
Position comes with company vehicle.
***Candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents. Our client cannot transfer/sponsor for any type of visa at this time and you must join them full-time (no c2c).***
Affinity Executive Search
Avalon Healthcare Solutions
KEYSTONE POWDERED METAL- St. Marys