Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
WHY CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY?
* _Stability and Growth_: This Company has been in business for well over 50 years and yet have recently experienced an increase in sales and have been taking steps to modernization manufacturing operations; 2017 into 2018 has been a record breaking year for them and they are predicting additional growth in 2019.
* _Friendly yet Professional:_ They are large enough to offer stability and yet small enough that the Senior Managers knows the professional staff by name and more importantly by contribution.
* A great base salary plus company sponsored insurance programs (Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription, Life); Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Group Insurance (Life, AD&D, LTD), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401K Plan with matching, Pension Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Company Holidays. ** (See recruiter to recruiter comments for details)
* Participate as a member of the Continuous Improvement Team representing the Finance and Accounting Department on teams designed to improve operations, reduce cost, and reduce inventories.
* Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
* Direct the annual physical inventory at three (3) manufacturing locations. Reconcile counts to the perpetual inventory balances and post adjustments; investigation of major count variances to determine root causes.
* Conduct fixed asset physical inventories, one location per year on a rotating basis. (Supports 3 manufacturing sites)
* Monitor Inventory Turns and Days on Hand with reporting to management.
* Responsible for obsolete inventory reporting, controls, and analysis. Partner with Sales & Marketing and Operations functions to reduce obsolescence occurrences.
* Complete Manufacturing Variance Reporting and analysis including PPV, Material Usage Variances, and Inventory adjustments.
* Manage import of data into ERP system.
REQUESTED BACKGROUND PROFILE:
Applicants will have a strong working knowledge of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on accuracy, attention to detail, and continuous improvement.
* Bachelors degree in accounting or finance.
* 7+ years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing company
* Advanced Excel skills to include, but not be limited to, proficiency in use of Pivot Tables and V-lookups.
* Hands on ERP experience preferred.
* Strong communication skills and interactions at various levels of a manufacturing organization.
* Project Management skills preferred.
* Can commute to Newark - Glasgow DE (No retraction assistance for this position)
* Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA (no sponsorship)
FOOTNOTE: ** _I am HAPPY TO DISCUSS SALARY DETAILS PRIOR TO FORWARDING YOUR RESUME but am not permitted to openly publish the high end of the confidential salary range. I have posted something that includes a low end number plus I have exceeded the maximum (in an obvious way so as not to be misleading). _
FCIPS / Fredd Colletti Internet Personnel Services
Worldwide Logistic Partners Inc
Affinity Executive Search
PowerBack Rehabilitation, Exton