Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
The Senior Accountant role will report to the Controller and initially work with an ongoing development project based in mid-town Manhattan until completion of the project. The position will ultimately transition to a group internally within the organization that will handle the firms commercial portfolio. (retail, office, condominium, restaurant and sponsorship areas). Additional responsibilities include internal and external management reporting, debt and partner compliance as well as interacting with lease administration, treasury and information technology.
* Financial reporting, daily and period end accounting activities, performing general ledger financial analysis, cash management, cash flow analysis, assisting with preparing financial items, preparing annual year-end projections, and analyzing monthly and year-to date budget variances across the project that spans components such as: retail mall, co-generation utility plant, events and sponsorship businesses.
* Collaboration with the finance team and senior leaders to produce a variety of high quality, monthly and quarterly reports that are used companywide for reporting, analysis and planning.
* Prepare balance sheet and income statement analysis for management and partners
* Collaborate with controller and business executives on monthly cash flow forecasting
* Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and year end work paper packages from posted journal entries and general ledger analysis
* Assist in the daily accounting for the various activities and transactions
* Review and analyze the general ledger, financial statements and prepare appropriate accrual and adjusting journal entries in accordance with GAAP
* Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
* Support current project with accounting team on close-out and transition to operations
* Assist in the monthly review of construction billing
* Review CAM/RET reconciliations, track event and sponsorship activations and assist in the accounting and reporting of the current project
* Preparation of annual audited financial statements, yearly budgets & quarterly forecasting
* Create reporting templates, formulate analysis using applications such as Excel and JD Edwards accounting software and participate in various business process/technology integration initiatives
* Bachelors degree in Accounting
* 4+ years of real estate experience, CPA preferred
* Public accounting experience preferred
* Strong knowledge of GAAP/accounting theory
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Mature professional with sound judgement and interpersonal skills
* Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
* Knowledge of JD Edwards a plus
National Conference of State Legislatures
4Wall Entertainment, Inc.
Affinity Executive Search