User Experience (UX) Design Researcher
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Responsibilities will include designing and leading the execution of formative and summative usability studies, developing study protocols, scripts, test preparation, participant recruitment, quantitative and qualitative data collection, data analysis, interpretation of results, and preparation of technical reports. The candidate should be versed in face to face and virtual evaluation methods. In digital and device design, the Senior Ux Researcher will provide insights, suggestions and competitive analysis to help yield products with competitive advantage.
Other duties include continually educating our organization, preparing contract proposals, and interfacing with key partners and suppliers.
The Ux Design Researcher will be a crucial contributor developing and commercializing both medical devices and digital product offerings. The Ux Design Researchers responsibilities include designing and leading the execution of formative and summative usability studies, developing study protocols, scripts, test preparation, participant recruitment, quantitative and qualitative data collection, data analysis, interpretation of results, and preparation of technical reports. The candidate should be versed in face to face and virtual evaluation methods.
In digital and device design, the Ux Design Researcher will provide insights, suggestions and competitive analysis to help yield products with competitive advantage. The Ux Design Engineer will work closely with medical device engineering, systems engineering, marketing, regulatory, and quality teams. Other duties include continually educating our organization, preparing contract proposals, while partnering with external suppliers and vendors.
* Work alongside product and design to create strategic frameworks, typologies, personas and full research plans that guide product and design teams throughout the product lifecycle.
* Possess strong leadership skills with ability to lead the usability lab as part of the Design Center of Excellence. A successful candidate must be able to develop and present their ideas in a large team environment. He or she will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Medical, Product Marketing, and Senior Management to ensure the usability of award winning products and solutions. Prior experience working within a technical environment is a key requirement.
* Conduct qualitative and quantitative studies, including field observation, prototype validation testing, usability interviews, surveys, and experiments.
* Design and execute formative and summative usability studies in accordance with regulatory body requirements. Knowledge of HE-75 is a plus
* Align well thought-out research plans with the companys product roadmap.
* Develop and implement user-centered research throughout the design and development cycle (from discovery to delivery) using a variety of methodologies including: ethnography, contextual inquiry, diary studies, concept testing, benchmarking/competitive analysis, usability, persona/profile creation and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
* Continually monitor research, data and trends from secondary research sources (both internal and external) such as academic research and industry reports to inform and improve our research methods and methodology.
* Experience in both synthesizing user researching and in building collaborative relationships with product and engineering to drive product improvements.
* Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create actionable insights and recommendations during early phases of design research and/or a usability study.
* Leverage remote research tools such as *************** and Validately to quickly get research results on important topics.
* BS with 8 years of proven experience and accomplishments in the appropriate engineering discipline
* Bachelors degree in Behavioral Science, HCI, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Cognitive Psychology, Design Strategy or Research Strategy.
* 7+ years of experience as a UX experience researcher, usability lab manager, usability specialist, digital designer or equivalent UX role
* Experience with user research and user testing methodologies including conducting usability testing or user research
* Significant communicative and persuasive abilities are required in order to convey technical understanding to associates, superiors, and customers.
* Self-motivated to seek creative solutions to overcome project obstacles
* Familiarity with user-centered design processes and techniques; knowledge of user experience and human computer interaction theories and methodologies.
* Familiarity with user data collection methodologies (e.g., contextual inquiry, usability testing, think aloud walk-throughs).
* Understands and promotes the user-centered design process and methodologies in the organization