Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting (Affordable Housing)
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Headquartered in New York City, our client has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., London, and Shanghai and boasts a team of over 4,000 professionals. The companys portfolio of over $60 billion in real estate assets owned or under development is made up of best-in-class mixed-use, residential, retail, office and affordable properties in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets. The company also manages nearly $5 billion of equity capital on behalf of sovereign wealth funds, public pension plans, multi-managers, endowments, and family offices.
The Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting will be primarily responsible for the accounting of various portfolios comprised of high-profile investments and their associated operations. The Senior Accountant position, located in New York will report to the Controller, Corporate Accounting.
* Assist the portfolio Controller in the oversight of daily operations and multiple Staff Accountants
* Review quarterly and year end work papers prepared by staff accountants
* Manage the preparation of balance sheet and income statement variance analysis for Senior Management
* Manage the preparation of the consolidation of various platforms and parent company reporting
* Manage the preparation of the quarterly and annual reporting
* Assist in the management of auditor engagements for completion of annual audit reports
* Participate in various business process and technology integration initiatives
* Act as liaison between Corporate and other departments to maintain the proper flow of information and reporting
* Minimum of 5-8years of relevant accounting experience.
* Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
* CANDIDATES MUST BE EITHER US CITIZENS OR POSSESS A GREEN CARD
* Big 4 or Other National Accounting experience strongly preferred
* Highly intelligent with excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent Excel skills.
* Ideal candidate is a highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
* Clear communicator with ability to interact with senior leaders.
* Superior organizational skills. with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of JD Edwards, Hubble and HFM accounting software, a plus.