Team Leader Molding 3rd shift
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Under the direction of the Molding Supervisor, and through supervising the Molding Technicians, Material Handler and Die Setter, this individual is responsible for the overall molding operation for his/her assigned shift, including 5S, utilization, efficiency, and safety.
* Maintains integrity of production processes, including troubleshooting for root cause of any issues identified at startup or in-process, as identified by the Quality Technician or others.
* Team Leader ensures molds are set as defined in the process book documentation, including setting the machine to the approved molding process, plumbing, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulic connections by the Die Setter.
* Helps support facilitation of tier meetings.
* Completes all paperwork in a timely manner, including required documentation in process books, work orders, deviations and end of shift log.
* Ensures first shots are released for inspection to the Quality Technician with printouts, and required documentation is completed. (See Start-Up and Shut-Down Procedures)."
* Assist in training for the Molding Technician, Die Setter and Material Handler.
* Responsible for the safety and well-being of assigned shift team.
* Provides feedback to assigned shift team for 5S, safety and continuous improvement.
* Responsible for 5S for assigned shift.
* Second shift team leader will work over if necessary on shut down night to ensure plant and machines are clean and ready to start.
* Second and third shift team leaders are the company representatives at the facility and are responsible for the machinery and other property of company.
* Ability to work overtime, as required.
* Reports concerns to Molding Supervisor and provides follow up.
* Provides input for employee performance reviews in support of the Molding Supervisor.
* Has authority to stop the process if non-conforming or suspect material is found.
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 3-5 years preferred experience in injection molding/ die setter, preferably with an automotive supplier required.
* Highly skilled in processing preferred.
* Experience in SPC and familiar with a wide variety of materials.
* Computer skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* 1-2 years team leader/supervisory experience preferred.
* RJG Training preferred.
* Some college coursework, preferred.
* Knowledge of 5S philosophy, preferred.