Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by InComm
Leveraging deep integrations into retailers' point-of-sale systems, InComm provides connectivity to a variety of service providers that allow consumers to conduct everyday business at more than 450,000 points of retail distribution worldwide. Whether those consumers are activating prepaid products, paying bills, enjoying real-time discounts through a membership card, purchasing digital goods in-store or adding funds to an online account, InComm is there to provide unique gift-gifting opportunities, cater to on-the-go shoppers, deliver added value through loyalty programs and serve cash-based consumers. With 186 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with a presence in over 30 countries in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Learn more at or connect with us on , , or .
About This Opportunity
The Senior Systems Engineer will work closely with all members of the IT staff to answer, escalate and resolve issues related to any windows servers, network storage, server software applications and virtualized systems,. The candidate will also need to be available 24x7 to support both production and corporate systems in an on-call rotation and must be able to travel to and from data centers at all hours of the week as needed to resolve an issue. Ability to lift heavy computer equipment is required.
• Monitors and maintains all windows computer servers, disk storage and VMWare environments throughout the organization
• Builds and installs new systems and applications
• Participates in infrastructure design and redundancy planning with heavy forethought and understanding of how interactions can cause complications with other systems.
• Provides systems and server application support in a 24x7 environment.
• Participate in on-call rotation with other IT staff to support production and corporate sites.
• Ensures data and server systems are backed up on a regular basis and recoverable.
• Work with IT management on disaster recovery solutions for all systems and applications.
• Analyzes and recommends solutions to improve overall performance, redundancy and scalability of infrastructure.
• Attends meetings and interacts professionally with peers and management.
• Troubleshoots and takes ownership of issues that arise with various applications and systems and works to resolve them until a resolution is reached.
• Work on projects assigned by manager and project management team.
• Provide timely feedback to Managers on open issues and provide quick resolution.
• Provide resolution of issues for postmortem review and analysis.
• Helps build solid productive relationships will all levels of leadership and support teams
• Facilitate effective and supportive team relationships to resolve operational and interdepartmental problems quickly
• Travel to local and remote data centers when required to resolve an issue or work on projects.
• 10-15 years of hands-on experience working in Windows server environments 2008 and 2012.
• 5 years hands-on experience administering VMWare.
• 5 years of hands-on experience working with Netapp storage Active Directory
• Linux, Red Hat Operating Systems.
• Working knowledge of Domain Names System (Windows DNS, BIND).
• TCP/IP Networking and Internet Routing troubleshooting skills
• Experience with HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and E-mail protocols and settings.
• Experience managing IIS web server farms in a .NET environment.
• Microsoft Exchange 2010 administration.
• Windows Management Tools.
• Experience with HP standalone and blade server hardware.
• Experience with load balancing and clustering protocols and systems.
• Network storage management with NetApp.
• MS SQL server administration.
• Basic understanding of relational databases.
• Backup software.
• Patch Management.
• Ability to write scripts, batch files, and automated processes.
• Able to be in a 24x7 on-call support rotation to troubleshoot issues.
• Working in multiple remote data center environments.
• Able to work extended hours when required.
• Previous knowledge of best practices for SOX compliance.
• Must be a team player.
• Organized and possess project management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong troubleshooting and customer service skills are a must.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer related field or equivalent experience.
• Any other technical certifications a plus.
• Must be able to lift heavy computer equipment.
• Must be able to work in on-call 24x7
• Must be able to stand long hours in a data center environment.
• Must be able to travel to data center locally and remotely when needed to resolve issues or work on a project.
• Must possess decision-making, analytical and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment under pressure
• Ability to handle and keep up with constant changes to products, policies, procedures and people
• Windows Operating Systems 2003 and 2008
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
• Microsoft Operations Manager
• Microsoft SQL Server
• HP standalone and blade servers
• Great Plains
• Active Directory Management
• Backup software
• Network Appliance Storage
• Network Cabling
InComm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, citizenship, veteran's status, age, disability status, genetics or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
*This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Bonus Program #LI-GL1
Precision System Design, Inc.
Semcon Group LLC
University of Mississippi Medical Center
Wellington Management Company, LLP